Routine physical examinations and preventative care visits can keep your pet happy and healthy for years. Preventative care can include but is not limited to:
● Vaccinations: Core vaccines for dogs include the DA2PP (Distemper, Adenovirus, Parainfluenza, Parvovirus) and Rabies vaccines. Other important elective vaccines include Bordetella, Leptospirosis, Lyme, and Canine influenza. Core vaccines for cats include the FVRCP (Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus, Panleukopenia) and Rabies vaccines. Other important elective vaccines include Feline Leukemia.
● Blood Work: It is always recommended to have yearly blood work run on your pet to ensure that their internal health is just as good as their external health. Routine blood work panels can reveal a large range of vital organ functions and any abnormalities in blood cell counts caused by underlying medical issues that may go unnoticed or asymptomatic for years.
● Heartworm Testing: Heartworm is a parasite transmitted to pets through the bites of mosquitoes and can cause potentially fatal organ failure in infected animals. Heartworm testing is important for all animals that spend any time outdoors.
● Fecal/Urine Testing: Your pet’s waste can be an important indicator of their general health. From parasites and infections to yeast and fungal growths that may largely go unnoticed if the a pet isn’t producing symptoms, fecal and urine testing can reveal important medical issues that may need to be addressed and should always be a priority during routine physical examinations.
● X-Rays: Routine x-rays can reveal important factors in your pet’s health, such as heart, lung, tracheal, and gastrointestinal health and function.
Shatto Veterinary Center
3130 West 6th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90020
For general information, questions, appointment requests, call us at: 213-352-1252 Email Us: Clientservices.ShattoVet@gmail.com
Monday 8:00am - 7:00pm
Tuesday 8:00am - 7:00pm
Wednesday 8:00am - 7:00pm
Thursday 8:00am - 7:00pm
Friday 8:00am - 7:00pm
Saturday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday 9:00am - 5:00pm